Reservation and Billing Site
In order to offer the best services and maintain equipment in excellent condition for shared use at the Noel T. Keen Instrumentation Facility, please follow the steps below.
- Please read Facilities Regulations carefully before using the instrumentation facilities and services at Noel T. Keen Hall.
- Training is required to understand the basic operation procedures of any instrument. Please see Events for upcoming scheduled training workshops and seminars.
- If the use of IIGB instrumentation is required after business hours, please have your principal investigator complete and sign a fob authorization form. The appropriate instrumentation core managers must also sign this form to verify training has been completed. You will then be issued a security fob to enter the building after hours. All users must have their own fob. Do not share fobs or have one fob for an entire lab.
- All Keen Hall equipment and services must be requested and billed through the IIGB Instrumentation Facilities Services and Billing Site. Illumina or PacBio sequencing shodl be requested via our HTS web portal. Principal Investigators will receive monthly statements based on equipment reservation times and/or calculated rates on submitted service forms. In order to ensure an instrument’s availability, it is prudent to reserve equipment in advance. For other equipment that are used on a drop in basis such as the Nanodrop or Qubit, networked computers are available in each core for login and usage sign up.
- To use the IIGB Instrumentation Facilities Services and Billing Site:
- You must have a login email address and password to access the site. If you are registering for the first time, use the Click Here to Register link on the reservation page and complete all fields. Please select your principal investigator from the pull down menu. If your PI is not listed, please have him/her contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email regarding confirmation of your registration. Please wait one-day before using the application while permissions are being entered. Should you need additional permissions (instruments are grayed out), please contact the appropriate Core Manager who can provide permissions for instrument reservations.
- Upon accessing the site, please click on the “Start Here” link in the left sidebar. A list will appear of all instruments and services available in the five instrumentation core facilities: Microscopy, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Metabolomics, and Proteomics (sorted by column headings). The list may indicate that you need to “Contact a Core” — this may be because a discussion is required with the Core Manager to best assist with your research needs.
- You must select or add an FAU in order to reserve an instrument or request a service. Please ask your principal investigator for a billing account number and add it if one is not provided. Please be sure that any FAUs you select are current.
- You will be billed according to the time indicated on the reservation calendar or the service selected. You will not be able to alter the reservation after the session has ended. For questions regarding billing, please contact email@example.com.
- Calendar reservations from all users will be color coded, but you will only be able to edit your reservations. You can, however, click on other reservations to view contact information.
- Microscopy instruments have a 24-hour cancellation policy (i.e., Zeiss 880, Leica SP5), which is indicated in the Notes section of the reservation form. You cannot change or make a reservation within this period, and will be billed for time reserved on the calendar. If an instrument is available within this period and you would like to reserve it, please contact the Core Manager.
- Instruments in the Genomics Core such as plate readers, Nanodrop, Qubit and others, reservations may be cancelled any time prior to usage. Please respect your colleagues and do not reserve more time than you actually need.
- For any reservations made in error please contact the Core Manager.
- AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BILLING AND INVOICING OF SERVICES
- All services are billed by the last day of the month that service was completed. Invoices are issued the following month. Thus grants will NOT be billed until the month after services were complete. For example, if your grant ends on December 31, an invoice and charge will not occur until January.
- If you are trying to spend down a grant PLEASE take this delay into account.